Posted by: Mahendra Venkatsh
A Travel Guide To Kathmandu Nepal
Kathmandu is the capital and largest city of Nepal. It is the economic, administrative, and cultural hub of the country. Kathmandu has a long history, as is evidenced by its many attractions, and tourism is the biggest driver of the city’s economy. Kathmandu is a cosmopolitan city, where people of many races and religions coexist. Kathmandu has a well-established mature tourist industry, as the hotel industry, travel agencies, tourist information spots, and other infrastructural is readily available. Kathmandu’s Thamel neighborhood is the best place to find guest houses, restaurants, shops, and bookstores that cater to tourists. Several five-star hotels, including casinos, exist within the city. Kathmandu has seven designated monument sites that are, as a collective, a world heritage site.
Here are some of the top places to visit in Kathmandu
1. Boudhanath Stupa
2. Everest Region
3. Annapurna Region
4. Durbar Square
5. The Pashupatinath Temple
6. Narayanhiti Palace Museum
7. Chitwan National Park
8. Kopan Monastery
9. Royal Botanical Gardens
10. Swayambhunath Stupa
Things to do in Kathmandu
1. Marvel Over Historic Durbar Square.
2. Walk Through the Old City.
3. Shop and Hang Out in Thamel.
4. Dodge Monkeys at Swayambhunath.
5. Get a Blessing at Pashupatinath.
6. Circumambulate Boudhanath.
7. Explore Villages in Kathmandu Valley.
8. Go to the Garden of Dreams.
9. Visit Thamel.
10. Enjoy 3 hours of Nepalese Culture and Cuisine.