A few days in Douala, Cameroon
Douala is the largest city in Cameroon and the richest city in the entire region. It is home to the largest seaport and international airport in Cameroon. Douala is the commercial capital of the country and handles most of the country’s major exports such as oil, cocoa, coffee, timber, metals, and fruits. The city had been under the jurisdiction of the Portuguese, the British, and the German, all of whom left their cultural mark on this bustling city. Douala is home to some of Cameroon’s best restaurants, coffee houses, French-style patisseries, bars, and bistros. Among the attractions of the city are Hotel Akwa Palace, Place du Gouvernement, La Pagode, Doual'art, and Casino Kheops. The city’s petroleum industry draws its large expatriate population.
Here are some of the top places to visit in Douala
1. Lobeke National Park Douala
2. Mount Cameroon
5. Douala Water Park
6. River Wouri
7. Douala Edea Wildlife Reserve
8. Douala Museum
9. Korup National Park
10. Place du Government
Things to do in Douala
1. Eat At Saga African Restaurant.
2. Go On Safari At Lobeke National Park.
3. Meet The People Of Baka Tribe.
4. Go View The La Nouvelle Liberte (The New Freedom).
5. Enjoy A Pastry At Delices.
6. Swim At Limbe Beach.
7. Go For Drinks At Café des Palabres.
8. Explore Eko Market.
9. Take A Cruise On River Wouri.
Climb An Active Volcano.